Friday, December 2, 2016

Home Agility Fun Fact:

Home Agility Fun Fact:
Okay, so I put him out on our verandah (our only outdoor enclosed space) and made him watch while I set up his course.
His course consist of 2 lawnchairs (ends up to make posts) as jumps (broad jumps) and one pole wrapped in a towel (in lieu of cone, to practice wraps) and a wooden box as table.
By the time I was done dragging this about, he was totally excited, MUCH more than when I just take him out to play--so I guess he likes agility. ;-)

Other stuff: plays frisbee in the parking lot after a walk, so yay! This is becoming a thing.
Taking him to petsmart to get used to being around dogs when leashed- not so good. Mostly not enough dogs to practice with, BUT I can get him playing and performing in the parking lot, which is awesome.

Cat feeding time: this used to be mayhem. He would just bark and bounce and carry on crazy (my husband puts up with this), I avoided it and would just crate him. Sooooooo, a few weeks ago, decided to make him do a LONG DOWN, which took some fussing to accomplish. Now, he sees his mat, plunks himself down with a relaxed eagerness that is good to see (while I feed the cats, I occassionally drop a cat kibble on the matt, but now down to 3 times). So, no more crating during cat feeding time--he can handle this, and his long downs are much better in general.

Erm, that's all, excepting I'm already anticipating pining for agility classes when they are over. It is sooooo much fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment